Retrieve a definition for a selected abbreviation, acronym, or technical term from an online resource
This feature retrieves and displays definitions and/or expansions for technical terms, abbreviations, and acronyms. These definitions may be retrieved from a local/personal glossary, a dictionary, or a collaborative knowledge base (such as Wikipedia).
Discussion by Disabilities
For people with cognitive, learning, and language disabilities or literacy problems, this feature explains complicated or unfamiliar terms.
Related Research and Papers
- EasyVoice: Integrating Voice Synthesis with Skype- Paulo A. Condado, Fernando G. Lobo
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0- Wendy Chisholm, Jason White, Gregg Vanderheiden
- Twelve tips for teaching medical students with dyslexia- Sebastian Charles Keith Shaw, John Leeds Anderson
- Computer Assistive Technology for People who Have Disabilities: Computer Adaptations and Modifications- Martin G Brodwin ,Tristen Star , Elizabeth Cardoso.
- A probabilistic flexible abbreviation expansion system for users with motor disabilities- Tim Willis, Helen Pain, Shari Trewin
- Original AAC menu interface: Effectiveness of active versus passive learning to master abbreviation-expansion codes- Ellyn Gregory, Melinda Soderman, Christy Ward, David R. Beukelman, Karen Hux
- Techniques for Enhancing Communication Productivity in AAC- H. S. Venkatagiri
- Access to lexical knowledge in modular interpersonal communication aids- Margherita Antona, Constantine Stephanidis, Georgios Kouroupetroglou