Retrieve a definition for a selected abbreviation, acronym, or technical term from an online resource
This feature retrieves and displays definitions and/or expansions for technical terms, abbreviations, and acronyms. These definitions may be retrieved from a local/personal glossary, a dictionary, or a collaborative knowledge base (such as Wikipedia).
Discussion by Disabilities
Cognitive, Language, Learning Disabilities & Low Literacy
For people with cognitive, learning, and language disabilities or literacy problems, this feature explains complicated or unfamiliar terms.
Related Research and Papers
- EasyVoice: Integrating Voice Synthesis with Skype- Paulo A. Condado, Fernando G. Lobo
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0- Wendy Chisholm, Jason White, Gregg Vanderheiden
- Twelve tips for teaching medical students with dyslexia- Sebastian Charles Keith Shaw, John Leeds Anderson
- Computer Assistive Technology for People who Have Disabilities: Computer Adaptations and Modifications- Martin G Brodwin ,Tristen Star , Elizabeth Cardoso.
- A probabilistic flexible abbreviation expansion system for users with motor disabilities- Tim Willis, Helen Pain, Shari Trewin
- Original AAC menu interface: Effectiveness of active versus passive learning to master abbreviation-expansion codes- Ellyn Gregory, Melinda Soderman, Christy Ward, David R. Beukelman, Karen Hux
- Techniques for Enhancing Communication Productivity in AAC- H. S. Venkatagiri
- Access to lexical knowledge in modular interpersonal communication aids- Margherita Antona, Constantine Stephanidis, Georgios Kouroupetroglou