Last Updated: September 19, 2023
- What does Personal Data mean?
- Which information do we collect? How much does it amount to?
- What do we do with that information? How do we use it?
- Is that information ever shared?
- What are my privacy rights and in which ways can I exert them?
- A consent agreeement
- What happens to the information once it crosses over to other websites?
- On which occasions will your information be shared?
- Is there an age requirement on the GPII website?
- How can you access or edit your information?
You’ve probably already heard of the term personal data before and may have some idea as to what it entails. Simply put: your personal data is your personal information. It’s your name, your ID, your telephone and your email, amongst other things. It’s the information with which a physical person can be identified, located and approached if needed.
The type and amount of information we receive and store solely depends on the information you decide to share with us.
You can access the GPII websites and their Services without revealing any personal information about you. Rest assured: we will never collect any personal data unless you personally choose to provide it.
Your personal information will always be retained in a secure environment. It will maintain its confidentiality and will only be used depending on the purposes for which it has been submitted.
Not unless you’ve given us your permission. The general rule is that all information you provide us can never be sold, rented or shared with third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to disclose it by law or by other circumstances.
There are different ways in which you can let us know that you do not wish us to share your personal information with third parties, use it to provide you with additional information or to send you any newsletters, emails or different other communications.
We are an international organisation. That means that our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data at an international level. By using the platforms and providing us with any information, you’re consenting to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of said information in and to the United States – or other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be the same as those set in the country you reside in.
Even though the GPII website provides links to and interacts with a wide variety of third-party websites, that does not mean it is responsible for, nor that it has any control over the privacy practices of such websites. Every website has its own privacy policies disclosed somewhere. We encourage you to have a read to be aware of what happens with your information.
It is important to note that RtF will always take the appropriate security measures to ensure that your information is secure, accurate, up to date and only kept for as long as it is reasonable and necessary.
- There are different Services, Sections and Structures located around the world that are connected to the GPII by means of their shared activities and that could make use of your personal information in said activities.
- Due to the fact that both the GPII website and its Services are hosted by third party service providers, it is possible that any personal details you submit through the website might also be processed by them. These third parties could also be the same ones used when processing your personal details. This will however only be on RtF’s behalf and bound by strict confidentiality conditions.
- During payments and when submitted, your card details may be disclosed to the concerning banks or relevant financial institutions in order to arrange said payments. In case of a suspected fraudulent transaction, it’s possible that your details may also be further disclosed.
Unfortunately, the transmition of information over the Internet is never 100% secure, so while we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot fully guarantee the security of information transmitted to RtF.
The GPII is not directed to children under 13 years of age and will not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from anyone under that age.
There’s a data privacy law that gives you the right to access the information any website holds about you and to correct it if you wish to do so. You may also want to object to the website’s ways of processing your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about this policy, please contact:
Raising the Floor – International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH – 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the GPII website, you may edit or cancel your user account or contact us at the above address or email. Personal data will be deleted upon request.
How to contact us
For any questions, queries or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address below:
Raising the Floor – International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH – 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland