Keyboard control of mouse pointer
This feature operates the on-screen pointer through the keyboard alone, usually by using the arrow keys or the number pad on the keyboard.
Discussion by Disabilities
This feature allows people with physical disabilities to use the keyboard instead of the mouse, which may be easier to control with limited mobility.
These products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
- This feature is built into most common operating systems.
Related Research and Papers
- Evaluation of alternative computer input devices used by people with disabilities- G Turpin, J Armstrong, P Frost, B Fine, CD War, LL Pinnington
- Towards accessible Human-Computer Interaction- Eric Bergman, Earl Johnson
- A virtual logo keyboard for people with motor disabilities- Stéphane Norte, Fernando Graça Lobo
- Automating accessibility: the dynamic keyboard- Shari Trewin
- A model of keyboard configuration requirements- Shari Trewin, Helen Pain