Choose preferred features and adjust settings with a user-friendly feature wizard
This feature provides a user-friendly wizard that matches the user’s abilities and preferences to settings and features.
Discussion by Disabilities
An easy-to-use feature wizard can take the stress out of finding the right settings. A good feature wizard uses responses to simple questions to tailor settings to the user’s needs.
Please note that these products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
- Many existing assistive technology products and operating systems (notably Windows XP and Vista) offer wizards and tutorials to help users find the best feature match.
Related Research and Papers
- Supple: Automatic Generation of Personalized User Interfaces – University of Washington (2008).
- Domains of Quality of Life of People with Profound Multiple Disabilities: the Perspective of Parents and Direct Support Staff- Katja Petry, Bea Maes, Carla Vlaskamp
- User needs and usages of assistive technologies- Reerink Juliette, Nicolas Biard
- Access to Information for People who cannot see: New Perspectives- Laura Burzagli, Pier Luigi Emiliani, Francesco Gabbanini
- On the road to nowhere? Young disabled people and transition- B. Beresford