Cursor size and trails
Users with low vision may benefit from a cursor that can grow or shrink to an easy-to-see size.
Discussion by Disabilities (Benefits & Preferred Behaviors)
Users with low vision may benefit from an on-screen cursor that can grow or shrink to an easy-to-see size.
These products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
- This feature is built into most common operating systems.
Free, not necessarily open source
These products are free to use, but may have strict restrictions on viewing and modifying source code.
- Biggy – RJ Cooper
- High Visibility Animated Cursors – W.J. Harnden
- Large Pointers – IDEAL Group
- Philip’s Large Coloured Cursors – Philip Henderson
Commercial, with free trial
These products are free to try for a limited period of time or with limited functionality. They must be purchased for full functionality.
- Mouse & Caret Buddy – AHF
Related Research and Papers
- Improving GUI accessibility for people with low vision – RPI – Kline, R.L. and Gilnert, E.P. (1995)