This feature displays underlined or highlighted matching words in the transcript as the user hears the words being spoken, and allows the user to select a line to jump to the excerpt from the video corresponding to the text. It empowers searching inside the video. It can also facilitate learning to read.
Discussion by Disabilities
Interactive transcripts allow people who are deaf or hard of hearing to understand the same media as their hearing peers, in real-time.
Interactive transcripts can facilitate learning to read by allowing the user to select a line to jump to the corresponding excerpt from the video.
Please note that these products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
- YouTube’s Interactive Transcripts– Google
- ProTranscript – ProTranscript.com
- JW Player- LongTail Ad. Solutions
- Rev Interactive Transcripts- Rev
- CaptionSync- Automatic Sync Technologies
- uiAccess Transcription Services
- Interactive Transcript
Related Research and Papers
- Down-line transcription system having real-time generation of transcript and searching thereof- James D. Bennett and Lawrence M. Jarvis
- Text transcript generation from a communication session- Jason John Gauci
- Reranked aligners for interactive transcript correction - Benoit Favre, Mickael Rouvier and Frederic Bechet
- WebAIM: Captions, Transcripts and Audio Descriptions