AsTeRICS is a free and Open-Source graphical construction set for assistive technologies (AT). It allows the creation of flexible solutions for people with disabilities using a large set of sensors and actuators. The framework can be extended by plugins which can be interconnected in a graphical editor (AsTeRICS Configuration Suite, ACS).
The AsTeRICS Plugin is a functional block or component, which has defined:
- Input ports: receives data to be processed (e.g. face tracked coordinated)
- Output ports: send processed data (e.g. formatted string)
- Event listeners: receive events and execute assigned actions (e.g. left mouse click)
- Event trigger: send event to other functional blocks (e.g. time elapsed)
- Properties: configure behaviour through property values