Use vocal characteristics to present visual formats
This feature will help screen reader users perceive visual formats through auditory display. The screen reader may vary vocal characteristics – speech rate, pitch, or volume – in correspond to certain types of visual formats such as headlines or references.
Discussion by Disabilities
This feature will allow screen reader users who are blind to perceive structured visual display and other special formats.
This feature will allow screen reader users whohave visual impairments to perceive structured visual display and other special formats.
People with cognitive or learning difficulties may have problem seeing visually emphasized formats and thus need auditory enhancement.
- Audio Description Project- American Council of the blind
- Audio Description- Ai-Media
- Audio Description- Starfish Technologies
- Audio/Video Description- Vitac
- Apple Accessibility
Related Research and Papers
- The design of auditory user interfaces for blind users- Hilko Donker , Palle Klante, Peter Gorny
- Audiograph: A diagram form for the blind- Andrea R. Kennel
- Designing search engine user interfaces for the visually impaired- Barbara Leporini, Patrizia Andronico, Marina Buzzi
- Soundtrack: An Auditory Interface for Blind Users- Alistair D.N. Edwards
- Transforming graphical interfaces into auditory interfaces for blind users- Elizabeth D. Mynatt
- What Frustrates Screen Reader Users on the Web: A Study of 100 Blind Users- Jonathan Lazar, Aaron Allen, Jason Kleinman, Chris Malarkey
- Auditory assistive devices for the blind- Robert W. Massof