Support Joystick-to-mouse input
This feature allows the joystick to be used in the same way as a mouse for navigation and pointing.
Discussion by Disabilities
For users with certain physical disabilities, it may be easier to use a joystick than a traditional mouse.
Please note that these products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
Open Source and free
These products are free and their source code may be modified with few restrictions.
Free, not necessarily open source
These products are free to use, but may have strict restrictions on viewing and modifying source code.
- Joystick-to-Mouse – IMG
Commercial, no free trial
These products must be purchased to be used, and did not offer free trials at the time of posting.
- Magic Joystick – Magic Key
Related Research and Papers
- Controlling mouse pointer position using an infrared head-operated joystick- D.G. Evans, R. Drew, P. Blenkhorn
- Writing with a joystick: a comparison of date stamp, selection keyboard, and EdgeWrite- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers, Htet Htet Aung
- The Effects of Practice and Input Device Used on Young Children's Computer Control- Glenda L. Revelle, Erik F. Strommen
- An Input Method for High-Resolution Large 2D Desktop Environment Using Wireless Device with Joystick- Akira Sakuraba, Tomoyuki Ishida, Yoshitaka Shibata
- Factors influencing speed and precision of cursor positioning using a mouse- Ulrich Trankle, Detlef Deutschmann