Reduce/eliminate background noise
This feature can be used to reduce background noise in audio/multimedia clips, either automatically or at the user’s request.
Discussion by Disabilities
Reducing background noise makes it easier for people who are hard of hearing to understand the main speech.
Please note that these products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
Related Research and Papers
- Reduction of background noise for speech enhancement- Brant M. HelfPeter L. Chu
- Objective Measures of Listening Effort: Effects of Background Noise and Noise Reduction- Anastasios Sarampalis, Sridhar Kalluri, Brent Edwards, and Ervin Hafter
- Noise reduction in hearing aids: a review- Harry Levitt
- Prediction of Speech Recognition from Audibility in Older Listeners with Hearing Loss: Effects of Age, Amplification, and Background Noise- Souza, Pamela E.; Boike, Kumiko T.; Witherell, Kerry; Tremblay, Kelly
- Speaking Clearly for the Hard of Hearing IV: Further Studies of the Role of Speaking Rate- Rosalie M. Uchanski, Sunkyung S. Choi, Louis D. Braida, Charlotte M. Reed, and Nathaniel I. Durlach
- Differential hearing aid with programmable frequency response- Martin J. Slavin