Provide Alternate Simpler Web Browser
All the actions in a web browser might be difficult for a person to decipher or use. Having a simpler web browser will enable those people to use the internet efficiently.
Discussion by Disabilities
Simple browser includes lesser number of actions for the physically impaired thereby controlling motor movements.
People with cognitive disabilities face difficulties with understanding how the web browser works. Having a simple browser with the most common actions would enable them to use the Internet efficiently.
- WebbIE- browser for the blind
- EIA- Enhancing Internet Access
Related Research and Papers
- Keysurf: a character controlled browser for people with physical disabilities- Leo Spalteholz, Kin Fun Li, Nigel Livingston, Foad Hamidi
- Auditory browser for blind and visually impaired users- Patrick Roth, Lori Petrucci, Thierry Pun, André Assimacopoulos
- Csurf: a context-driven non-visual web-browser- Jalal U. Mahmud, Yevgen Borodin, I. V. Ramakrishnan
- A tactile web browser for the visually disabled- Martin Rotard, Sven Knödler, Thomas Ertl
- How people with developmental disabilities navigate the Internet- B. Harrysson, A. Svensk, G. I. Johansson