Highlight/drag without holding button
This feature allows users to click, highlight, and drag options without holding down the mouse button.
Discussion by Disabilities
This feature allows users to perform clicking, highlighting, and dragging operations without requiring the physical ability to click and hold the mouse button.
Please note that these products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
- Many operating systems include this feature.
Free, not necessarily open source
These products are free to use, but may have strict restrictions on viewing and modifying source code.
- Dwell Clicker – Sensory Software
Commercial, with free trial
These products are free to try for a limited period of time or with limited functionality. They must be purchased for full functionality.
- Dragger – Origin Instruments
Related Research and Papers
- Keyboard and Mouse Errors Due to Motor Disabilities- Shari Trewin and Helen Pain
- Drag-and-drop versus point-and-click mouse interaction styles for children- Kori M. Inkpen
- Automatically detecting pointing performance- Amy Hurst, Scott E. Hudson, Jennifer Mankoff, Shari Trewin
- Virtual touchpad with two-mode buttons for remote desktop client- Yuping Wei, Yueting Zhange, Wenlong Shao
- Ergonomic thumb-actuated trackball combined with control switches- Kanae Koh, Josef Bismanovsky