This feature would automatically create and display breadcrumbs – a list of previously visited pages and the path to the current page.
Discussion by Disabilities
Breadcrumbs provide a quick way to link back to previously viewed pages and recover from mistakes.
Cognitive, Language, Learning Disabilities & Low Literacy
Breadcrumbs help people with memory problems remember which pages they have visited and the path that led to a particular page. They also make it easier to recover from errors.
Related Research and Papers
- Breadcrumb Navigation: Further Investigation of Usage – Bonnie Lida Rogers and Barbara Chaparro (2003)
- Breadcrumb Navigation: An Exploratory Study of Usage – Bonnie Lida Rogers and Barbara Chaparro (2003)
- Web accessibility design recommendations for people with cognitive disabilities- Mark G. Friedman, Diane Nelson Bryen
- Beyond Conformance: The Role of Accessibility Evaluation Methods- Giorgio Brajnik
- Inclusive Design of Websites- Ana Isabel B. B. Paraguay, Miriam Hitomi Simofusa, Augusto dos Anjos Almeida
- Web for All: An User-Centred Design Approach for Making More Usable and Accessible Web Sites- A. Bernardini , D. D’Aloisi, C. Delogu S. Ragazzini G. Venturi