This feature would automatically create and display breadcrumbs – a list of previously visited pages and the path to the current page.
Discussion by Disabilities
Breadcrumbs provide a quick way to link back to previously viewed pages and recover from mistakes.
Breadcrumbs help people with memory problems remember which pages they have visited and the path that led to a particular page. They also make it easier to recover from errors.
Related Research and Papers
- Breadcrumb Navigation: Further Investigation of Usage – Bonnie Lida Rogers and Barbara Chaparro (2003)
- Breadcrumb Navigation: An Exploratory Study of Usage – Bonnie Lida Rogers and Barbara Chaparro (2003)
- Web accessibility design recommendations for people with cognitive disabilities- Mark G. Friedman, Diane Nelson Bryen
- Beyond Conformance: The Role of Accessibility Evaluation Methods- Giorgio Brajnik
- Inclusive Design of Websites- Ana Isabel B. B. Paraguay, Miriam Hitomi Simofusa, Augusto dos Anjos Almeida
- Web for All: An User-Centred Design Approach for Making More Usable and Accessible Web Sites- A. Bernardini , D. D’Aloisi, C. Delogu S. Ragazzini G. Venturi