A web app for learning web accessibility.
This is meant to accompany my Introduction to Accessibility workshop but my hope is that it will stand fine on its own.
This is made to be as easy as possible. Just download or clone the repository and open index.html in your favorite browser!
All exercises should be clearly explained. Please don't hesitate to ask or open an issue if there is any confusion. Some of them are vague, like the semantic HTML section. There is no right answer for these, just poke around the code and see if you can improve the experience for users with disabilities.
Update on 1/3/19: Notes on Tools in the Course
- Accessibility Developer Tools -> Lighthouse and axe. The accessibility portion of Lighthouse is powered by the axe-core API.
- Tenon is still a service, it requires a license.
- WAVE is also still a thing.
- Color contrast tools: http://colorsafe.co/ and https://contrast-ratio.com/
- tota11y still looks like it's in use.
- Addy's a11y tool has been deprecated in favor of Lighthouse / axe-core.
- React-a11y is still a thing, as well as React-axe