Firefox extension to ease use of Contrast-Finder.org
This is Contrast-Finder for Firefox
@@@TODO add URL of addons.mozilla.org
This addon speeds and eases the use of Contrast-Finder
to find good color contrast by selecting directly in the web page
the element whom color you want to change.
This helps you in satisfying web accessibility (a11y) tests on contrasts:
- WCAG Success Criteria 1.4.3
- WCAG Success Criteria 1.4.6
- RGAA test 3.3 (in french)
- RGAA test 3.4 (in french)
- AccessiWeb criteria 3.3
How to use ? Go to the documentation !
1) Opening the sidebar in Firefox
2) Contrast-Finder's sidebar
3) Activate Element selector
4) while hovering any element, contrast is automatically computed. This one is good.
5) This text's contrast is not sufficient. Let's click to select it.
6) Choose which color to modify (foreground / background), and click the button "Find valid colors".
This makes Contrast-Finder computing possible colors and by the way brings you to Contrast-Finder website
7) Contrast-Finder offers a set of valid colors for contrast
Focus to a given text, then press the "context menu" key, choose which color (background / foregound) to modify.