The Drupal Accessibility group is looking for a broad range of help in making Drupal more accessible. Some of them are:
- We need help with unit testing for accessibility issues in Drupal.
- If you've got mad skills at this, we need your experience to help write better tests to verify that accessibility is maintained.
- We need help with automated testing tools.
- Ideally every aspect of Drupal Core and all Contributed modules & themes will go through automated accessibility testing. Tools like axe-core can do this, but it requires additional integration.
- We need more testers.
- We particularly want users who can test with Dragon Naturally Speaking. Aural interfaces are going to be particularly important for websites, but the Drupal Community does not have a lot of experience building aurally pleasing interfaces.
- We use Drupal.announce() in Drupal Core, but we need to use it a lot more.
- We don't know what we don't know.
- Please tell us what we are missing.
For more on Drupal Accessibility - see the Drupal Accessibility Quicksheet in the LEARN section of this DeveloperSpace