The US Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology is challenging multidisciplinary teams to create and test a module or application that makes it easy for disabled consumers to access and interact with the health data stored in their EHRs. The application should:
- Be easy for individuals with disabilities to consume and interact with their health data.
- Be simple to install and learn to use.
- Identify and link to relevant local or online communities and organizations.
- Be able to download data from one or more EHR systems - it does not need to be fully integrated across all systems.
- Leverage and extend NwHIN standards including, but not limited to, transport (Direct, web services), content (Transition of Care, CCD/CCR), and standardized vocabularies
Award: $60,000 prize